My thoughts on Netflix's Umbrella Academy, Season 1
So I just finished watching the first season of Umbrella Academy last night and I gotta say, I love it. Jumping into this blind with no prior knowledge on the story other that knowing it was based on comics felt like an amazing roller coaster ride. It's commendable how they manage to develop each character almost equally. None of them felt like the clear the hero, or the bad guy. Each felt equally flawed and you can kind of empathise with each of them. Credits to who every managed this. You can tell the story is not a part of some franchise because they really seem open to just killing off the characters. There was always suspense every time there was a confrontation because it felt like anybody could just die. Even though they have the whole time travel aspect, the show manages to use it wisely without destroying all the stakes and still manages to keep you guessing what's coming next. I highly recommend this Umbrella Academy. Hope they keep the same team for next season.
9/10
jei

Comments
Post a Comment